MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2019 AT SPECIAL TIME 6:15 P.M.
3110 OLD MCHENRY ROAD, LONG GROVE, IL.
The Village Board will not proceed past 10:00 p.m. unless there is a consensus of the majority of the Village Trustees in attendance to do so. Those wishing to address the Village Board on an agenda item(s) may do so when the agenda item of interest is opened and prior to Board discussion.
CALL TO ORDER: 6:15 P.M.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Personnel Matters.
ADJOURN EXECUTIVE SESSION: 7:00 P.M.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
VISITORS’ BUSINESS: Limited to maximum 3 minutes per person and maximum 10 minutes total.
Homeowner Associations: Bennington–JoAnn Rosenberg; Long Grove Knolls-Jackie Murphy.
Historic Downtown Business Association Special Events Dates & Times – 2020:
Craft Beer Fest – April 25; Chocolate Fest – May 15-17; Strawberry Fest – June 26–28;
Vintage Days – August 1-2; Irish Days – September 5-7 & Apple Fest – September 25-27.
Lake County Sheriff’s & Fire District’s Report.
1. Report Of The Conservancy Scenic Corridor Commission (CSCC) Meeting – October 16, 2019:
Ø Review And Discussion Of Current Village Code Regulations Applicable To CSCC Activities, Including: Conservancy & S.C. Maintenance “Do’s & Don’ts; Official Plant List Update; Resource List For Natural Areas; Conservancy Workshops; Information Brochures For Invasive Species Eradication And Prepare And Maintain A Calendar Of Events For Conservancy/Natural Areas (Plant Sales, Informational Meetings, Workshops, etc.).
2. Report Of The Architectural Commission (AC) Meeting – October 21, 2019:
A. Signage For “Midtown Home & Market”, 217 Robert Parker Coffin Road, Gerbasi.
B. Signage For “Madelaine Photography”, 146 B Old McHenry Road, Fast Signs.
C. Signage For “Landmark Exteriors Inc.” 403 Robert Parker Coffin Road, O’Meara
D. Signage For “Irons & Woods” Located At 2727 IL 53 (Formerly Geimers), Hughes Signs.
E. Signage For “Verizon Wireless”, 4188 Illinois Route 83, Building “E”, Sunset Grove, Identiti Resources.
3. Report Of The Economic Development Commission (EDC) Meeting – October 22, 2019.
4. Consideration Of A Resolution Relieving A Residential Solar Permit Application From The Village’s Pending Moratorium Relating To Development Of Alternative Energy Systems For 6201 Balsam Court. (Res.#2019-R-38)
5. Continued Report Of The Plan Commission & Zoning Board Of Appeals Meeting – September 3, 2019: PCZBA Following Commissioner Chair Wilson.
Ø Amendments To The Village Code For The Village Of Long Grove, Title 5, Zoning Regulations Re: Alternative Energy Systems (AES) Regulations.
6. Consideration Of A Resolution Establishing A Limit On The Maximum Number Of Class V “Video Gaming” Liquor Licenses. (Res. #2019-R-39)
7. Resolution Awarding Bid For The Chickamauga Lane Stormwater Drainage Improvement Project To The The Lowest Responsive And Responsible Bid From Kanzler Construction, LLC In The Amount Of $32,993.95. Village Engineer’s Estimate Of $50,633.00 (Res. #2019-R-40)
8. Consideration Of An Ordinance Amending The Village Code Regarding Parking Lot Access Restrictions In The Historic Business District. (Ord. #2019-O-22)
9. Consideration Of A Resolution Approving The Village Of Long Grove Comprehensive Financial Procedures. (Res. #2019-R-41)
10. Consideration Of A Resolution Accepting A Proposal From Foley & Lardner, LLP As Bond Counsel And Other Required Consultants For The Refinancing Of The Sunset Grove Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Bonds. (Res. #2019-R-42)
11. Presentation, Discussion And Acceptance Of The Village Of Long Grove Financial Statements And Report On Internal Controls For Fiscal Year Beginning May 1, 2018 And Ending April 30, 2019 As Prepared By Baker Tilly Virchow, Krause LLP.
12. Village President Jacob – Administration & Legislation.
13. Village Trustee Borawski – Planning & Zoning, Security & Sustainability.
A. Lake County Sheriff Monthly Incident Reports – 2016 thru September 2019.
B. Monthly Mosquito Abatement Report – September 2019.
14. Village Trustee Kritzmire – Finance.
A. Actual & Budget Comparisons For The Period Ending September 30, 2019.
B. Proposed Procurement & Contracting Review – Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.
15. Village Trustee Nora – Building, Water & Sewer.
16. Village Trustee O’Connor – Roads, Bridges & Pathways.
Ø Robert Parker Coffin Road Reconstruction, Streetscape & Bridge – Update.
17. Village Trustee O’Reilly – Economic Development, Environmental Concerns & Communications.
A. Discussion Of Amendment(s) To The Village Code Fee Schedule Establishing A “For Profit” Event Fee.
B. Draft Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) Between The Village Of Long Grove And The Historic Downtown Long Grove Business Association Re: Downtown SSA – Continued Discussion.
18. Village Clerk Gayton.
19. Village Manager Lothspeich.
20. Village Planner Hogue.
21. Village Engineer Perry.
22. Village Attorney Filippini.
23. Approval Of Board Meeting Minutes: September 24, 2019 & October 7, 2019.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Investments, Acquisition & Disposition Of Property & Executive Session Meeting Minutes,
ADJOURNMENT. Next Regular Village Board Meetings: November 12, 2019 & November 26, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
october 22 - 2019 6:00pm
Long Grove Village Hall
3110 Old McHenry Road