Long Grove Residents and Businesses,
The Annual Long Grove Turkey Trot is Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28th and the following information is provided to help and plan your Thanksgiving Day and avoid any potential disruptions due to the event.
Road closures will occur between 8:40 am until 11:00 am. Expect heavy traffic delays prior to and during the event. On the Friday prior to the event (November 22) the race organizer will be posting signs along the route and large changeable message signs located at the major intersections providing advance notice of road closures and heavy traffic impacts. While the event is located in the area of Downtown Long Grove and Country Club Estates, it will impact traffic patterns beyond these areas and expect heavy traffic delays as follows:
Road Closures & Traffic Impacts
Long Grove Turkey Trot – Thrs, November 28th
8:40 am until 11:00 am.
The following roads will be directly impacted by the event (Roads and subdivisions that connect to a closed road will not be able to leave their road or subdivision during the event):
Periodic Road Closures (IL Route 53)
- IL Route 53/Schaeffer Road Intersection Will Be Shut Down and Re-opened During Gaps Between Runners/Walkers.
Complete Road Closures
- Robert Parker Coffin Road. (5:00 am til 11:00 am):
- Archer Road. (5:00 am til 11:00 am):
- Old McHenry Road (Intersection of Robert Parker Coffin Road). (8:40 am til 10:15 am):
- Schaeffer Road (between Robert Parker Coffin Road and Sumter Drive). (8:40 am til 10:15 am):
Partial Road Closures (Limited to one-way traffic between 8:00 am and 10:00 am)
- Schaeffer Road (between Sumter Drive and Holly Court and Meadowlark Drive and Checker Road).
- Sumter Drive.
- Chickamauga Lane.
- Checker Road.
- Country Club Drive.
- Tanager Way.
- Holly Court.
Intersections/Subdivisions (Road Closures will prohibit or limit access between 8:45 am thru 10:15 am).
- Grant Place.
- Bridgewater Farms Subdivision.
- Manassas Lane.
- Antietam Drive.
- Meadowlark Drive.
- Dawn Court.
Please contact Race Director Peter Starkowicz prior to and during the event with questions/concerns.
Peter Starkowicz, All Community Events
The Village of Long Grove